Thursday, June 16, 2005

Prematch Jitters

As if tonight's match doesn't have the potential to be nerve wracking enough, I'm loading up on caffeine at a Portland cafe. It just seems like the logical nouveau blogger thing to do, especially here in P-town. Plus, I wrote yesterday's post on a desktop computer, which didn't feel right, so I had to get back on the trusty iBook before it started feeling neglected.

I get the sense that the faithful Army members are anxiously awaiting tonight's contest. It took only until 12:20 p.m. for me to spot my first 107 shirt of the day downtown. After yesterday's quality burrito, I ventured back to Chipotle again this afternoon and saw a fella sporting the colors. Unfortunately, the line was so long that I never made it all the way through in time to introduce myself or give the obligatory two-handed ax chopping salute. Yesterday it was Scot and Diz, today the person behind me was an old friend from my days working for the Portland Pride/Pythons indoor team that I haven't seen in a few years. There is definitely some kind of weird soccer Field of Dreams thing going on at the Grill. "If you build it, they will come." Who knew that "it" was a burrito.

Well I planned on this session lasting longer, but the coffee at this joint is atrocious and their WIFI connection is on the fritz. First and last trip here. The new name will be up tomorrow in conjunction with some post match thoughts. Go Timbers!

No comments: