Monday, September 17, 2007

Quick update

What a night that was Sunday. One of the best Timbers atmosphere's I've seen, and one of the best performances I've seen, given the circumstances. But, now the Timbers have to focus on Atlanta, and a shot at reaching their first ever league championship game.

As I'm sure you've all seen, the first leg of the semifinal is in Atlanta Friday at 8 pm eastern, 5 pacific. I've been given the callup once again since Andy Mac has to work his other job (and I was able to twist the arm of my employers), and I'm incredibly excited to be getting the chance to call this very important game. The only downside is that we leave Wednesday, so it's a very quick turnaround, and there's not much time to get everything done. I'm making a roundtrip to Eugene tomorrow to pick up some gear, and I'm actually starting my prep work on the Silverbacks once I finish typing this.

My hope is that, in addition to doing the blog, I'll be able to put together some mini-podcasts for PortlandTimbers.com with daily thoughts from the players themselves. No guarantees. Speaking of the Timbers website, head over there in the next day or two to hear Andy's call of the goals from Sunday, as well as my postmatch interviews.

So, Friday night it is, 5 pm kickoff on the Portland Timbers Broadcast Network, and we'll have another giant Toyota Pregame Show, chockfull of interviews, previews and analysis. I'll give you a start time for that once I figure it out...

--John

No comments: