Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Night Live

In what feels like a Groundhog Day (the movie) cycle, here we are again less than an hour before the scheduled kickoff between the Timbers and Silverback in Atlanta.

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Select nearby at about 6 a.m. this morning and I grabbed a couple hours of legitimate sleep before being roused by an old school telephone ring signaling that it was time to go pick up the rental vehicles. I swear this gig is taking years off my life, I can't figure out how the players are able to rebound on these kind of trips. I just talk!

The squad is warming up at the moment on a windy, but comfortable evening here in Dixie. The lineup is not set as there are a few guys banged up and Gavin needs to take a look at warmups to determine the final 11. I'd say Scot Thompson, Knowles and Griffin are in for sure, along with Burse and Higgins. Not sure how the rest of the lineup is going to shake out.

That's it for now. Cheers!

No comments: