Match Musings - Game 5
- Outside of a blown chance by Seattle early in the first half, the Timbers had a better first half showing than their previous match vs. Rochester. It's still very encouraging that Portland is unbeaten on the year, yet has failed to put together a complete game to date.
- One goal against through five matches is outstanding; Five goals for through those same five is pedestrian.
- Seattle's home opener will go down as its highest attendance of the season thanks to a huge contingent of Timbers' supporters and the fact that the Sounders will move to Starfire soccer complex for the rest of their league tests.
- Is is just me or does anyone else have a hard time believing the MLS version of the Sounders will draw big crowds on a consistent basis? Sounders FC has sold nearly 15,000 season ticket deposits (at $50 bucks a pop), but why don't those people ever go to see the current version?
- Power to the people. Thanks to all that tuned in on Saturday for making the webcast the highest rated regular season match in the history of the Portland Timbers Broadcast Network. Hope to have you along in Puerto Rico and Miami this weekend.