Thursday, March 31, 2011

New England Away

The team has already made the trek, but the broadcasters follow on Friday a.m. via three different flights from three different ports. If all goes well, we should be in our southeastern Mass. digs by 9 p.m. ET, just in time to catch the second half of the Sox opener with the locals.

I'm a New England guy, but my teams are the Red Sox and Bruins. I am not a Celtics or Patriots fan, and my soccer allegiance obviously does not include the Revs. Still, I'm looking forward to visiting the old stomping grounds, if only for about 36 hours.

With the risk of dating myself a bit, when I lived in NE the only soccer players were high school exchange students, so I'm very interested to see what kind of attention an MLS game gets in the Hub.

#RCTID #NEAWAY

No comments: